A 30-year-old Parkville man was charged in the shooting of his pregnant wife, who died Wednesday after delivering the baby and being taken off life support, police said.

The newborn is listed in critical but stable condition at Maryland Shock Trauma Center.

Eric Glass faces numerous charges related to the Tuesday night shooting.

Glass’s 15-year-old stepson told police that he was asleep in the basement of the family’s home in the 2500 block of Wentworth Road when he awoke to the sound of gunfire.

Glass walked down into the basement with blood on him, shot himself in the head and fell to the ground, the teen told police. The teen ran upstairs to find his mother shot in the head and lying in a puddle of her own blood, according to court documents. Jasmine Alisha Kennedy was 30 weeks pregnant.

After finding his mother Tuesday night, the 15-year-old prepared to run to a neighbor’s house to call police, but Glass emerged from the basement apparently unhurt by the self-inflicted gunshot and punched his stepson in the face, police wrote in the charging documents. When the teen told Glass he was going to get help, Glass responded, “OK.”

The teen and two siblings, an 11-year-old boy and a 6-year-old girl, who also had been in the basement, left for a neighbor’s house seeking help, police spokeswoman Natalie Litofsky said. Both boys are Kennedy’s children from a previous relationship, and the daughter and the newborn are both Kennedy and Glass’ children, she said.

Police said Glass then walked over to the neighbor’s house, where he forced his way inside and punched his neighbor in the face. The woman was taken to MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center for treatment.

Glass then left the house and was approached in the street by another neighbor, whom Glass began punching, according to the charging documents.

Interrupted by an elderly neighbor who called to them, Glass began approaching his porch when the neighbor from the street tackled Glass.

“I tried to stop him,” said the elderly neighbor, who declined to give his name Thursday. “Luckily, I didn’t come out with my shotgun.”

An officer then arrived and attempted to arrest Glass, but he would not listen to the officer’s commands, the charging documents said. The officer used a Taser twice on Glass, but he continued to struggle with the officer. Three police officers ended up having to subdue Glass.

Kennedy was rushed to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center, where doctors were able to deliver her newborn daughter around 1 a.m. Wednesday. Kennedy died shortly after being taken off life support, police said.

Police did not release any information Thursday about a possible motive for the shooting.

Glass was taken to MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, where doctors found a bullet still lodged in his head. He was treated and later released into police custody.

Charged with attempted first-degree murder, first-degree assault, second-degree child abuse, third-degree burglary, and second-degree assault, he is being held on a denied-bail status. He did not have an attorney listed in online court records.

The state’s attorney’s office plans to pursue additional charges before the grand jury, State’s Attorney Scott D. Shellenberger said.

No one answered the door Thursday at the couple’s yellow two-story home on 2500 Wentworth Road where the incident unfolded. Left on the porch were two pairs of child-sized sneakers. A medical mask left behind by paramedics remained on the front steps and yellow police tape was still strewn across the shaded back yard.